Little slice of home (Nebraska) right here in Western Washington. Throughout the year, alumni from Nebraska institutions, families & friends of Nebraska get together to enjoy Big Red FUN
The WA Cornhuskers have earned distinction from the UNL Alumni Association for being one of the most active alumni chapters in the nation. It was founded in the 1970’s to promote recruitment of students for the university, provide scholarships and to serve as a means of providing fellowship for Nebraskans & friends of Nebraska living in the Northwest – all bound by our Nebraska Heritage.
Your membership keeps you informed, helps supports Chapter Activities & earns you discounts
- Chapter Emails of upcoming events throughout the year
- News of our University & Husker athletics
- Discounted admission to events such as our Spring Event
- Discounts on food & drinks at our Football Watch Parties
- Invitations to join all our Big Ten tournaments events i.e. Chapter Golf Outing, Christmas party, social hours, picnic & others
- Scholarship(s) opportunities for member’s dependents to the University of Nebraska
- Access to football tickets
- Join or Renew for 2 or 3 years and receive a $25 t-shirt for free
Why Become a Member?
Your membership in the Washington Cornhuskers allow us to continue supporting all of us that love Nebraska and the communities we live in. Some of the benefits of the work that the Washington Cornhuskers do are:
Raffle Proceeds-Who does it help and where does it go?
Funding our 4 scholarships to the University of Nebraska for students from the state of Washington with Washington Cornhuskers family having priority privilege.
Membership contributions-who does it help and where does it go?
Community Service such as providing and preparing dinner for the Seattle Children’s Hospital Ronald McDonald House, for over 50 children and families, Backpack Program school supplies for those in need and collecting for Food Banks and Northwest Harvest.
Investing in and providing things like Tee Shirts, Cornhuskers Home Game Football Tickets.
Our annual Spring Banquet – securing and compensating top notch speakers such as Tommie Frazier, Matt Davison, John Cook, Tim Miles, Jerry Murtaugh, Strength and Conditioning icon Boyd Epley, Jerry Tagge and Tom Osborne.
Watch site support -banners, Lil Red and securing discounts for members and attendees.
WA Cornhuskers Night- at the Tacoma Rainiers baseball game.
Sending our President and Vice President to Lincoln for the annual Volunteer Leadership Conference so that they can better serve our members and organization.